- Discovery – If the project is a rebuild, we review your current content and make further recommendations for improvements. If it’s a new site, we start by discussing the subjects and functionality you envisage for your site and develop an outline for you.
- Content – You compile all the content for the website, including all text and images.
- Preliminary Design – We create a home page concept including colors, fonts, image style and layout.
- Organization – When we have received all content in its final version, we review it to determine the best way to organize the information. The structure of the site is based on this organizational scheme and must be approved by you.
- Design Revision – After reviewing the initial design, you have the opportunity to request changes.
- Implementation – Once we’ve received your approval on the design, we move on to implementation. This is where the approved design becomes concrete and where we add site-specific features.
- Page Content – When we have all the content that will be included on the site and an approved design, we will enter all the data.
- Testing – We run through a final set of tests to be sure that everything is functional. You have an opportunity at this time to test the site as well.
- Launch – Once we have your final approval, we launch the site. The marks the end of the project.
All About Website Project
More General inquiries
To save time and hassle, we have automated the first three steps for all WordPress transfers to SiteGround with our WordPress migrator.
Transferring the files to the new host
The most convenient way to transfer your website’s files to your new web hosting account is via FTP. You should connect to your hosting account and download the files locally to your computer. Then you have to upload them to your new hosting account’s main folder (usually public_html, www or httpdocs).
Transferring the website’s databases
You have to export the database content from your old hosting account (usually into an SQL file), create a new database at your new hosting company and import the information in it.
More about Website Design & Development
If you have a small website of just a few pages and will only wish to make changes very infrequently, then usually it is more cost effective simply to ask EWAAD to carry out these changes for you.
Other methods are largely dependent on how much data or information you have and how you store this information. We can provide an online content management system in which you can update individual products/pages/services or particular sections of your website such as company news.
We also can provide functionality so you can upload your entire product catalog to the website in one action using spreadsheets. We can also add databases if you wish.
It is best to use Flash for small banners, advertisements or demonstrations. Other animations should include some written text in the HTML so that search engines will be able to index the information on the site.
There is also the option of creating a full e-commerce solution. This involves many different components – a merchant account from a bank, a payment gateway service that allows you to accept payments into your merchant account from your website, a shopping cart or payment script that integrates with your payment gateway, and certain elements of the server environment like having an SSL certificate and a static IP. Full e-commerce is much more expensive and time-consuming to develop than PayPal, but it can be integrated into your site for a truly seamless payment experience. It can also save you money in the long run if you are doing a lot of sales.